What You Don't Know About Pet Sitting Services
Your workdays tend to be long and your pup is waiting for you at home. Or, you have a family getaway coming up and you need to figure out what to do with your cats.
You weigh your options from finding a friend to stop by to kenneling your dog to possibly over-filling the food dish and water for your cat and hamster.
Pets are an extension of the family, so it feels strange to leave them behind. Will they be okay? Will your home be okay? Will your plants survive?
Enter: Pet Sitter
“Pet Sitting” is defined as “the act of caring for a pet in its own home while the owner is away”. But, there are more advantages than you may realize. Here are some benefits that a mature, reliable Pet Sitter can offer you that you may not have considered:
1. Your pet’s needs and wants are attended to – This one is the more obvious one. Meals, fresh water, potty breaks and litter box changes, medication, play time and exercise, belly rubs and one-on-one attention are all things a Pet Sitter can provide.
2. Your house will be monitored – Your home can still appear “lived in” while you’re gone. A Pet Sitter can open and close blinds, turn lights on and off and make your home appear occupied as usual. If something seems off (i.e. a leak on the floor, the heat or air conditioning doesn’t seem to be working), your Pet Sitter will alert you.
3. Your pet is more comfortable at home – For some pets, traveling in a vehicle and going to a new place with strange smells and new people or animals can be traumatizing and scary. Pets are used to their space and their routine. That doesn’t have to change because their human is away. They may be feeling anxious or sad because you’re not with them, so keeping things as consistent as possible will help them feel happier and more secure.
4. Your household items can be maintained – If you worry about your mail stacking up or packages on your porch going missing, you don’t have to. Your Pet Sitter can attend to these items. Your plants don’t have to die because you go on vacation.
5. You will feel more confident – When you’re away from home, you want to be able to enjoy your time and be present in the moment... not worrying about your pets and your household, or feeling like you're burdening a friend to stop by. There is an affordable solution available that you can feel good about.
For more information or a free consultation, please contact Fargo Pet Sitting Services at (612) 229-7801 or submit an online inquiry.